(+48) (22 ) 208 5497 +(48) (22) 389 6366 Book Appointment Contact


The visa that you require will depend on the reason and the duration of your visit.

Following visas are available for Belgium –

Type A

Airport transit visa that lets you stay in the international transit area of an airport while you are waiting for your connecting flight on your onward journey.

Type B

Valid for transit through 1 or more than one Schengen countries on your way from one non-Schengen country to another (also a non-Schengen country). For this visa, the transit must not last longer than 5 days.

Type C

Allows entry into Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days’ stay in a 6-months’ period.

Type D

This is for a stay beyond 90 days. Valid only in Belgium but can be utilized for transiting through one or more countries in the Schengen Area.

Type D + C

Allows you to travel freely in the Schengen Area in the initial 3 months after entering Belgium, while awaiting your official residence permit.

For going to Belgium on a business-related trip, you will require a short stay Type C – Business Visa.

This is for trips lasting not more than 90 days.

No. Both the business visa and tourist visa for Belgium have similar costs, requirements, and processes.

The main difference between the 2 is that for a Business visa you will have to provide either of the following –

  • An invitation letter from an organization in Belgium that requires your presence, or
  • A letter from your employer detailing the purpose of your trip

You do not require either of the above when you go to Belgium as a tourist.

You can submit either of the following as proof of financial means –

  • Last 3 salary slips
  • Recent 3 months’ bank statements
  • Income tax papers

Ideally, you should aim at submitting your visa application at least 1 month before the date of your scheduled trip to Belgium.

The earliest that you can submit your visa application is 3 months before the date of your planned visit.

You cannot change your purpose of visit later on as it will not be admissible.

No extension is allowed.

If, for any reason, you absolutely must either change the purpose of your visit or get an extension, you will be required to submit a new application.

Though not mandatorily required, you can submit your old passport(s) as a documentary proof of your trips in the past. Submission of old passport(s) can be quite useful for decision-making. Do keep in mind that you can submit a maximum of 2 old passports.

European Commission and Poland, official website: Useful links

The official website of the European Commission, providing access to information about its political priorities, policies and services.

Scroll to Top