(+48) (22 ) 208 5497 +(48) (22) 389 6366 Book Appointment Contact


Yes, they can work in the UK on a Dependent Visa in the Tier 2 stream. The conditions of employment will specify that you can be employed until the time your Dependent Visa is valid. You will be dependent on the Partner/spouse for your dependent status. So once the term of the Primary Visa holder expires, your employment will also end.

If an individual is applying for Dependent Visa from the UK they must not have Visitor Visa of any category. If they have, they must exit and apply from outside the UK. Individuals with any other type of Visa in the UK are qualified to transition to the UK Dependent Visa.

It takes around 15 working days to process the UK Dependent Visa if the application is made from outside the UK. It depends on the immigration history of the applicant. If the application is made from within the UK, then it takes around 8 weeks for the postal.

The UK Elderly Dependent Visa is for people who are residing and settled in the UK to bring their parent or grandparent (elderly dependent relative) to join them in the UK. This is in certain circumstances. Usually ILR – Indefinite Leave to Remain will result from a successful application. Entry clearance is normally needed for this category of UK Visa.

The documents required by applicants of UK Dependent Visa are:

  • A Passport that has minimum 6 months validity after the planned stay and with minimum 1 empty page for affixing Visa
  • The UK Dependent Visa application form:
  1. You must check with the UK Embassy in your home nation if the online application is possible. If available, you must carry the confirmation form to the Visa interview.
  2. If the online application is not possible, then you must print 2 copies of the form, sign both at the bottom and carry along with you
  • 1 colour photograph with dimension 45mm height x 35 mm width printed to a professional standard and taken within last 30 days
  • Original marriage certificate or birth certificate that shows the relationship of the dependent to the principal UK Visa holder
  • Expired passports to demonstrate your past travel history
  • Official translations of all the documents that are not in the English language
  • Tuberculosis test results if you are from a nation whose citizens are required to take one

A UK Tier 2 Visa holder can apply for their unmarried partner/civil partner/spouse and dependent kids to join them in the UK. The dependents’ period of leave will be the same as that of the principal Tier 2 applicant. They will also be in a position to work in the UK without any curbs.

European Commission and Poland, official website: Useful links

The official website of the European Commission, providing access to information about its political priorities, policies and services.

Scroll to Top